Sunday, August 14, 2011

A Family Get-together to Honour Our Loved Ones

This is the first of, I hope, many blogs which will not only give my feelings about our lost loved ones - not only of Gran (Lilias Behnish who recently passed on June 4, 2011 but also of our dearly loved father and grandfather who left our family much too early, more than thirty-five years ago.)

A decision was made to hold an annual birthday party in honor of our mother and grandmother, Lilias Behnish. She enjoyed her birthdays almost more than any child so it is a fitting time to honour and remember her. However on further thought, I think it would be a good idea to include my father, Max Behnish, when we are honouring and remembering those we love. He was a man to be looked up to and certainly an excellent role model for all of us. I could not have had a better father than he was.

For our first get-together as an entire family, we will go to a park (hopefully the weather will co-operate). We haven't quite decided on the park yet, but the date has been made for August 28th. We'll have games and races for the children and some games for those adults who are into it. I also hope to have a Memory Table with pictures,a limited family tree poster (almost a must for a geneologist like Gran) and a guest book. And then hopefully there will be a scrapbook for follow-up which can be added to each year.

As plans progress I will add to the blog to keep everyone apprised of the get-together.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sylvia,

    I just happened to see this while reading an artice on Ezine Articles. What a good idea. I will be interested to see it grow. I'm also sure that your Mom would be quite pleased to be the main topic in many of your recent articles. I am glad to have known her.

    Maggie

    ReplyDelete